Enrolling your son or daughter at Shri Agashtiyaa – A Structured Preschool, Reading Classes will build a solid reading foundation to decode the printed letters that make up any written word in English, whether or not he or she has ever seen the word before, independent of meaning or context.
Shri Agashtiyaa Reading Classes gives you the five essential keys to reading success –
- Phonemic awareness – The ability to hear and manipulate the different sounds in words
- Phonics – Recognizing the connection between letters and the sounds they make
- Vocabulary – Understand the meaning of words, their definitions, and their context
- Reading Comprehension – Understand the meaning of text – both in story books and information books
- Fluency -The ability to read aloud with speed, understanding and accuracy.
The program introduces the sounds of English in a logical sequence that constantly builds the child’s cumulative knowledge of how to attack written words.
English reading lessons written with specially limited vocabularies eliminate distraction and incorporate sight words gradually so that phonetic methods of sounding out words are always emphasised. Memorisation of individual words is a necessity, but in accordance with our method, does not become the child’s primary method.
Explicit teaching, one-on-one guided reading practice, and group reading practice are conducted in a way that is relevant and engaging, in an environment geared towards the focus on engagement with the printed text and writing materials.